Solvent-based, impregnating, colour-enhancing, stain-proof, and matt wet-look, non-filming treatment for all absorbent surfaces
P147 is a solvent-based, impregnating, colour-enhancing, stain-proof and wet-look non-filming treatment. It is used to enhance the colour and tone of absorbent surfaces, adding a matt finish without creating a surface film. P147 is recommended for treating natural stone, agglomerates, cotto and terracotta, and all materials with a medium-low, medium and medium-high level of absorption.
Compared to traditional wet-look colour enhancers, P 147 penetrates deep into the materials without creating a surface film and it is extremely simple to apply without the risk of uneven aesthetic finishes. P147 thanks to these characteristics, is specifically indicated to be used outdoors or on surfaces that due to their nature, need to withstand conditions with continued presence of water, such as showers, fountains and washbasins. It has a lasting effect, can withstand UV rays and the elements and will not yellow if exposed to sunlight.
P147 confers excellent water-repellent and stain-proof qualities, making daily cleaning and maintenance of treated surfaces easier. It is also certified for use with foods and therefore, it can be used as a stain-proof, colour-enhancing treatment on kitchen worktops.
CHARACTERISTICS AND BENEFITS
- Strong colour-enhancing capacity
- Penetrates deep inside the material
- Leaves surfaces stainproof
- Provides hydro-repellency to the surface
- Provides oleo-repellency to the surface
- Brings out the characteristic veining on the surface
- Excellent water-and oil-repellent characteristics
- Resistant to UV rays
- Will not yellow over time
- Adds a matt finish
- Will not create a surface film
- Also suitable for application outdoors.
- Certified for food use
- Ideal for application on wet areas (sauna, shower, washbasins, fountains)
This product can be used on both indoor and outdoor surfaces.
Suitable for use on: Cement-marble agglomerate, Marble-resin agglomerate, Quartz-resin agglomerate, Slate, Sandstone, Basaltina -Lava rock, Molten basalt, Cementina, Concrete, Cotto, Granite, Limestone, Marble, Reconstituted (eco) stone, Porphyry, Quarzite, Terracotta, Travertine, and Tuff.
P 147 -Solvent-based, impregnating, colour-enhancing, stain-proof, and matt wet-look, non-filming treatment
Brush, lambswool applicator, roller
Preparing and cleaning the surface
- Carefully clean the surface, making sure to remove any dust or dirt present.
- Never apply P 147 to wet or damp surfaces.
- Apply P 147 to surfaces with a temperature of between +5 and +40°C
- Any adjacent surfaces not being treated with the product must be protected.
- Apply an even, abundant coat of product to a clean, dry surface with the preferred tool, making sure to create an even layer to cover the whole surface being treated.
- About 5-10 minutes after application, and in any case, before the product is completely absorbed, as in cases of more absorbent surfaces, proceed to re-distribute the excess product using the same tool used for application, taking care to achieve even coverage at the end of treatment.
- If the treatment is applied to more absorbent material, where the product is totally absorbed without leaving residues, it is possible to apply a second coat of material, using the same methods, about 2-3 hours later.
- If the treatment has been applied to more compact and therefore, less absorbent materials, where the product is not completely absorbed, even following redistribution, and therefore, leaving surface residues, it is necessary to proceed to remove all residues thoroughly in order to prevent subsequent problems of grease.
This operation is performed about 20-30 minutes after applying the product by brushing the surface, dry, using a standard floor polisher (1.5 HP, 175 rpm) with white or lambswool disc or wool-cotton attachment.
Alternatively, on tops, upright surfaces or small areas, residues can be removed with an orbital or manual wheel, using a white disc or pad, or a compact felt or wool-cotton cloth.
To maximise the effectiveness of the stain-proofing treatment, the intensity of the colour-enhancer and the durability of the treatment, it is possible to wait over 20-30 minutes, up to a maximum of 45-60 minutes, before removing residues, to allow the product to penetrate fully and deep down inside the structure of more compact materials. This way, the surface residues may be slightly harder to remove.
The product is fast drying and in any case, dries within 1-2 hours from application.
Opening to floor traffic
The surface can be opened to floor traffic about 4-6 hours after the product has been applied.